Saturday, January 16, 2010

Proverbs 16

"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3

This verse is very special to me. When I was pregnant with Katelyn I had no idea what God had in store for me after she was born. I wanted to stay home, but we did not think at the time that we could afford it. We had just bought a house and a new car (I wish we had known about Dave Ramsey back then). We "needed" our two incomes. A friend that I taught with gave me this verse to encourage me. I typed it up and enlarged it very big to hang by my desk. It really encouraged me during that time and has ever since. I ended up working part time for several more years, but finally was blessed to be able to stay home. I have realized that God had this planned out for me all along, but we slowed the process by making financial choices that we thought we "needed". I have learned so much over the last few years. I know that God wants me home with my children, and He has shown me that by provided for our NEEDS. All we had to do was take that step of FAITH!

No comments: