Friday, January 15, 2010

Proverbs 15

"A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare."
"The Lord is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good."
"Gentle words are a tree of life;"
"There is treasure in the house of the godly, but earnings of the wicked bring trouble."
"...but he delights in the prayers of the upright."
"...but he loves those who pursue godliness."
"A happy heart makes a happy face;"
"Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil."
"...a sensible person stays on the right path."
"The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words."
"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health."
"Fear of the Lord teaches wisdom; humility precedes honor."
Proverbs 15:1,3,4,6,8,9,13,16,21,28,30,33

Many of these have brought great encouragement to me, especially verse 16 where it talks about how it is better to have little with fear of the Lord than great treasure and inner turmoil. I know there are many people out there with great riches but no joy. I may not have much materialistically, but I do have Joy in the Lord! I would much rather have my family and friends (whom I can take to heaven with me) than all the riches of the world. Praise the Lord!

No comments: