This week I have been reading to the girls the story of Joseph. What an amazing testimony he had! While reading this to the girls we talked about how sometimes things happen to us that we don't like, but that God has a plan that is even bigger than we can imagine.
Josh and I both desire financial peace and to truly be able to enjoy life as God intended. At times, it is easy to look down the "road" and know that we will achieve our goal as "If we live like no one else, THEN LATER WE CAN LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!" At other times, that road seems to drop over the horizon and never end. Though my experiences are very different, I feel that I can learn a lot from Joseph. I know that God has a plan for our life. He has and will continue to provide for our needs with our poverty level income. He has blessed us in many ways. But there are times when I feel like I am an innocent prisoner. I want to cry out to God, "We have worked so hard, and now this??" But then I am reminded of Joseph or better yet, his attitude. He knew that God had a plan for everything...and he believed it. I want to believe it to.
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3
1 comment:
Encouraging thoughts! I love blogging to record these thoughts and to help others. Thank you.
Post a Comment