No, not me...but really, I think we all are in God's eyes!
Growing up my favorite shows were the "family shows," like Full House, Cosby Show, Who's the Boss, and Growing Pains. I enjoyed watching them, but was never crazy about particular actors and actresses (though I did think MaryKate and Ashley Olsen were cute). I was not a teen with crushes on the "hot" guys you would find on magazines. To be honest, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Hollywood. I don't know much about anyone or anything...until I met supermom (well, I didn't meet her, just saw her on TV).
Most of you know that my favorite show has become Jon and Kate plus 8. I have truly enjoyed watching them raise their adorable kids...and honestly, live my dream out on TV - to have lots of kids and multiples. Though I do not necessarily agree with the way that every situation is handled, I realize that that would be true of anyone. We are all different, but most of us don't have cameras showing us in our ups and downs. I am sure we could all surprise each other.
I have begun to see Kate as a role model: Christian mom, loves her kids, devoted, healthy, etc. But then I realized that I was becoming like the "world". I was beginning to see her like a young teen looks at models and young actresses. I was beginning to envy her life, even though I all see of it is on TV. I was envying how good she looks for having 8 kids...and never exercises. I was starting to beat myself up and feel sorry for myself and how "tough" my life was compared to hers.
And then it hit me...or rather flashed before me...I was staring up at our digital photo frame, and a picture came up of my kids, and then one came up of my best friend. And then I realized that I have been blessed beyond comparison. I would never want to change what I have right now...because it is what God has given me, and I am who God desires me to be. It baffled me that I was yearning for something that really I already have. My life is not perfect or easy, but is any one's?? I have a wonderful husband, fabulous kids, fantastic friends, and a loving family...what more could anyone ask for!
I am sure that Kate Gosselin is a wonderful person and honestly, I would love to meet her - but not superficially, I would want to be her friend. But - I also have to realize that she is on TV, and TV does a pretty good job of making people look glamorous! I am sure that they could even make me look "appealing!"
So to say, I still love the show, but I have realized that I can't compare my life with theirs...besides, she probably doesn't have time for blogging...and I love blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment