Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Have I ever told you how wonderful my husband is?
No, he did not bring me breakfast in bed, buy me a dozen roses, take me out to an expensive restaurant, or buy me everything that I have always wanted. He loves me.
We did share a burrito at a "hole-in-the-wall" authentic Mexican restaurant, split a cinnamon roll at Living Waters, and then this morning, we had heart shaped pancakes and eggs. But that is not why I love my husband. I love him because he is a blessing from God. My husband is sweet, kind, compassionate, passive, laid back, easy-going, passionate, loving, and generous. My husband is an amazing man of God. He loves the Lord with all his heart and seeks His Will daily. He is open and willing to allow God lead is heart.
My husband graciously works 2 jobs, and passionately serves the Lord by ministering to the teens at our church. He takes pride in what he does and always gives forth his best effort.
My husband is also a family man. He enjoys wrestling with the kids on the floor, playing games (Sequence for Kids is the favorite), cooking up special treats ( his donuts are the best), flying kites in the park, going on bike rides, and someday, I know he will take our kids golfing...his favorite, yet graciously set aside, activity. He also enjoys cooking (and, boy, is he amazing), building things/woodwork, staying close to family and friends, playing games, and...Many of these things he has not been able to do for quite awhile due to his very busy schedule. I know that he enjoys doing lots of other things, but he has laid aside his own desires for others, especially his family.
Honey, I love you more than words can express. Thank you for being the best husband ever! Most importantly, thank you for being a Godly man and spiritual leader of our home.
Happy Valentine's Day!






No comments: