Yahoo- a day off! I slept in yesterday, and it was wonderful. Prior to Thanksgiving, I had extra kids (babysitting or homeschooling) everyday of the week and was unable to have a day "off". I was able to change some things and now I am home with just my kids on Wednesdays! That means I can sleep in!!!
Katelyn had a dentist appointment in the mid-morning and that went well. She received an A for brushing! After that we went grocery shopping...something I have not done in a LONG time with my three kids (I was going in the evenings prior). It was Makenna's first time sitting in the basket...I know, she is 10 months old, but she is so little that she still fits nicely in the carrier!
We did so wonderful with our food budget that afterwards I decided to stop at KFC for lunch (I spent $3.40...Dave Ramsey would be proud!) We went through the drive thru and then decided to head to the church to see how the move was going and see if we could help out (our church just built a new building for the kids and teens).
Sidenote: Yes, I then remembered that I had a car full of groceries and took a side trip home to unload).
We spent a few hours at the church helping...okay, more like visiting...amidst the wonderful new paint smell!
I then headed home to cook...I was actually cooking for three families (my own, a friend that just had a baby, and a friend that was ill with pregnancy). A bag of potatoes, bag of shredded cheese, 1/2 package of bacon, gallon of milk, 1/2 bag of corn, 1/2 carton of sour cream, and 2 hours later...I BURNED THE SOUP! Yes, you read that correctly, I scorched the milk and the entire pot of soup was RUINED! So, with humility, I called my friends and sadly told them they would not be having a home-cooked meal. I ended up ordering chinese food...do you think Dave Ramsey would deem this an emergency?? -because I had to use my DEBIT CARD (rather than my cash from the food envelope!)
I truly enjoyed my day-off!
No comments:
Post a Comment