Can I just say that "I LOVE MY LIFE!" Is that allowed??
When I first desired to write this blog, I feared that it might come across as bragging, so before I begin, I just want to state that I owe my life completely to the Lord. HE is the one who gives me JOY, PEACE, LOVE, and HOPE!
About 2 1/2 years ago, a good friend of ours sold his home and was able to pay off a lot (possibly all) of debt. To celebrate he treated us and a few others to dinner. One of the other guests was in her first year teaching. During this time I was also teaching full time while Josh stayed home with the kids (and cleaned the church). Throughout the evening she chatted about how her first year was going and how much she enjoyed it. At the end of the evening, she finished her conversation with "I Love my Life!" From that day on, I was determined to find the joy to be able to say that. In January, I was diagnosed with depression...and yes, I was put on an anti-depressant. I desired so much to love my life, yet I was unable to find joy in anything. In June, I found out I was pregnant with Makenna and decided to go off of my medication. The next 9 months were like a roller coaster. With morning sickness (that lasted all day), depression, and kidney stones, this pregnancy left me feeling numb. I was very excited about having another baby AND Josh had decided that I needed to be home and that he would find another job. I had every reason to be filled with joy...I was being given what I had desired. Yet, depression doesn't work that way. It can take you to a deep, deep valley, despite your circumstances or determination to fight it off.
It was then that I realized that I could not handle this one on my own...or even with just the help of medicine. I needed GOD's Healing Power...
And that is just what he gave me! A few months after Makenna was born, that dark cloud was slowly lifted from me. I was free from the wrath of depression...Praise be to GOD!
As I started my second year of being a stay-at-home mom, I was finally able to find joy in what I had desired for so long. This year, I admit, has had a few challenges, with homeschooling and babysitting, but I would not choose to be anywhere else. As I was able to take a few weeks off for Christmas break, it gave me a chance to renew my mind, strength, and spirit. God has given me a purpose for my life. This last Sunday, our pastor preached about running the race that God intended for us. It was an amazing encouragement and challenge for me. I learned that I have to run my own race...the one that God planned and prepared for me. I also learned that I need to continue to persevere towards the goal...HEAVEN...even through the toughest times.
My life may not be perfect...but then, whose is?? But with Christ, I have JOY, PEACE, HOPE, and LOVE! And I can say..."I LOVE MY LIFE!"
2 comments:
Praise God! Your testimony is a true testament to His goodness. I praise God that you can now say, "I love my life!"
GOD IS GOOD!
LET'S GET TOGETHER - I STILL HAVE YOUR CHECK - SORRY I DIDN'T MAIL IT - FORGETFUL ME!
Post a Comment