I love getting together with family! This trip has been an especially blessed one because my absolute favorite people are here...my grandparents! I adore them! My time with them has always been very precious. This week I have been soaking up all their stories...from questions that I have asked. You see, my Grandad was a pastor and he decided to go to school to earn his degree after my uncle, their third child, was born. My grandad went to school, worked full time, and helped at the local college church, while my grandma was at home with 3 young children...sound familiar? It helped me to realize that I need to be patient and know that God has a wonderful plan for us. Sometimes I feel like we are progressing at a snail's pace, but then I am reminded that we are where God want us...in His love and presense!
I also had the simple pleasure of taking a walk with just my 2 year old. What a joy that 10 minutes was with him. We walked, chatted, looked at rocks and bugs, skipped like horses (neighing and all), held hands, ran, and ended with a shoulder ride! It was great to see life from a 2 year old's perspective.
2 comments:
Precious blog. God is good. He provides what we need, when we need it. I love stories of God's goodness. This is one. See you soon!
i am glad you are having such a wonderful time with your family. those are moments you will always treasure!
Post a Comment