Saturday, June 14, 2008

Reflection

After writing my last blog it really made me reflect on my daily life...and truly how selfish it was. I realized how much of my day was spent "doing" for myself rather than "being" with my children. I know that there are many things that need to be done to upkeep a home and family, but I realized that my focus was all wrong. I am praying and seeking God's will and grace to help change my priorities.
A sidenote on reflection:
It all makes sense now! All through my teaching career (all whopping 6 years, 7 including student teaching...heh, it was hard work!) my mentors always encouraged me to reflect on my lessons. I usually forgot about it and figured I needed to be focused on what is ahead. I barely had time to plan my future lessons much less look back and "reflect" on past lessons. I realize now the great importance of it. I cannot go back and change what has already been done, and (in the world of teaching) may never teach that lesson again (or in the mommy world, live that day again), but reflecting helps me to realize what I might need to change (in my parenting or teaching) or encourage me in what I am doing right!
Who says I am not using that $$,$$$ education degree...I am just not being paid (monetarily that is)!

No comments: