Monday, March 16, 2009

Anything else??

Can anything else go "wrong" today??
My day started with trying to make bread in my bread machine...until I realized that I did not have any flour! Luckily, Paige was not here yet, and so I called her dad and asked him to bring me some...thanks, Bryan!
Then I started my laundry...and when it was almost done, I realized that I did not add soap. THEN, when it was done, I was distracted and put it in the dryer. Those clothes are now folded amongst the others...and I have no idea which ones are really clean...they all smell good. Oh, well, they will get "washed" again next week.
Lastly, I admit, this one taught me a lesson about grumbling. You see, our garbage was full, and my wonderful husband had not taken it out...all weekend. So, I was grumbling this morning as a I pulled the bag out. Well, as I was tying the bag, I noticed a cup at the bottom (a plastic kid cup)...I thought, "Did a cup break?" So, I looked through the bag (our kitchen bags are white and you can kind of see through them) to see if it was broken...and low and behold, there were more. I finally had to relent to untying the bag and digging into it. This is what I found...

All of our kid cups, plates, and bowls were in the trash can! You would think that I would have noticed them missing, but I didn't. I think that I just kept assuming they were dirty...I have an idea that one of my adorably, sweet nephews thought it would be fun to put them into there!
I just had to laugh. I am so glad that Josh did not take out the trash...he never would have noticed them!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

It sounds like something went right that you were the one observant enought to look at what might be in your trash bag before taking it out. Sorry it was a rough morning but it sounds like you have tried to be productive!

Kym said...

Hahaha! Now that is funny. I am glad you caught that. My spoons have disappeared over the recent years and I suspect they have landed themselves in the landfill all because I have "helpful" children who scrape the food from their plates (and more) right into the garbage...

Stephanie T. said...

That was nice of you to preface my sons with "adorably, sweet"...We found our huge toy telephone in the bottom of our trash, courtesy Mr. Jeffy, so I'm pretty sure that your suspicions are correct. :) Sorry!