Friday, July 11, 2008

Just like the old days...

A little over 6 years ago, Josh and I decided to build our first home. After much search we decided that R.M. subdivision would be the best place for us. One day while visiting our "piece of dirt" as we liked to call it, we came upon our soon-to-be neighbors also checking out their "dirt". I recognized this couple from college, little realizing the plans God had for our families. Over the last 6 years God's plan has slowly unfolded. They have become lifelong friends. Amazingly, we both have 3 children (though their baby is not here yet, she is still theirs!), all the same age and gender.

Our oldest girls are like sisters. They have been together since the beginning. The boys are little buds. I am excited to see them play "ball" together someday. The baby girls don't know each other yet, but I believe that they too will be great friends.

Not only does this family provide friends/playmates for our children, but I have gained an amazing friend and sister in Christ. She is what I call "perfect"...and I am sure that she is laughing as she reads this. She knows how to do everything...and if she doesn't know, she is not afraid to try and figure it out. She is an amazing homemaker, mommy, and friend. She is beautiful inside and out. Her love for the Lord shines throughout her life. She is a woman full of grace, beauty, patience, kindness, and love. I know I have tried too hard to "be like her". With that, she has taught me to appreciate who God desires for me to be...me!

This summer was a sad one for me...our friends decided to move. I know that God has blessed them in this decision, and that friendship doesn't end with more miles. I have many great memories from the last 6 years, but even though our friends are farther away, I know that we will have many more memories to come. I will miss our impromptu and spontaneous visits, but will cherish the planned ones to come.


My friend and her kids came over today to play. It was such a joy for me to see them all play together again. I am so glad that God thought of us when He brought them here. Thanks for all the memories, laughter, tears, and cream of chicken soup...or milk...or eggs...


Here is a snapshot down memory lane (for our girls):









1 comment:

Kristen said...

so fun to see those girls through their five years together!

love your new header picture :o)

hope you had fun at the rodeo last night.